At Center for Hope of the Sierras, we understand that partial hospitalization treatment is one step on the road to recovery from an eating disorder. In order to best support our clients throughout their entire recovery journey, we offer multiple continuing care options for men, women, and all genders.
Center for Hope now offers two partial hospitalization programs, one located just three miles away from our residential treatment center and our newest PHP in Las Vegas. Our partial hospitalization programs are designed for clients who would benefit from a structured setting, but do not need the 24/7 treatment our residential programming provides. Clients in either of these programs can also receive care for co-occurring substance abuse concerns and other mental health disorders, as well as specialized treatment for diabulimia.
These programs feature highly-structured schedules with supported meals and pre- and post-meal groups. Additionally our continuing care options include:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational interviewing
The typical length of stay in our continuing care programs is 30 to 45 days, and we provide transportation to 12-step meetings three to five times per week for clients who are struggling with co-occurring substance abuse.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
The goal of our PHP programs are to give our clients a safe, structured place to practice the skills they are learning in treatment and to encourage our clients to break free from eating disorders and co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues. We want our clients to live to their fullest potential and we encourage our clients to honor their bodies and develop intuitive, mindful eating practices. We see food as simply fuel, and want to remove the diet mentality.
Our PHP programs include the following interventions:
- Medication management: Clients who would benefit from medication management for co-occurring mental health disorders will meet with a psychiatrist once per week, while our nursing staff takes care of our clients’ day-to-day medication needs.
- Individual therapy: Clients receive two individual therapy sessions per week with their primary therapist.
- Family therapy: We recognize the role that families can play in our clients’ recovery, so we offer family therapy sessions at least once per week, depending on each client’s needs. Family sessions are conducted either in-person or over the phone, and we also have a monthly Family Day where families can come to groups and trainings as well as have lunch and visiting time with clients.
- Group therapy: Clients in our PHP program participate in one to four group sessions per day each weekday. Group therapy is provided by therapists and social workers. Group topics may include:
- Mindful eating
- Music and art appreciation
- Process groups
- Recovery maintenance
- Co-occurring disorders
- Anxiety management
- Body image
- Family systems
- Life skills
- Experiential therapy: PHP clients also have the opportunity to participate in experiential therapy opportunities. Some of our experiential therapy activities include cooking classes, grocery shopping, equine therapy, a Lunch Out Challenge, and body in motion classes.
Continuum of Care
As an individual transitions out of one of our partial hospitalization programs, clients will begin our intensive outpatient program. This program is designed for clients who are nearly ready to return to independent living with referrals in their communities. Clients commute from their homes each day to participate in IOP programming. Our IOP program consists of four hours of care per week, seven days a week and includes the same services as our PHP program, such as medication management, individual therapy, groups, family therapy, and experiential therapy. Clients in the IOP program participate in one to four groups per day. They are also responsible for their own medications, though nursing staff will help with ordering refills if needed.
If you or your loved one would like more information about our high quality continuing care options, please give our center a call today. Let us help you or your loved one begin a healthier life.